If I wasn't the one in the photo, I would have never believed it was me.
- It was my first time on a stand-up paddle board, and my first time doing Yoga on a stand-up paddle board.
- I am not a Yogi. I am somewhere between knowing several poses, and spending half the class looking around the room at others to see what I should be doing.
- I was away on a girls weekend a few years back. We wanted to try something different and so SUP Yoga we did.
- I remember thinking:
- Can you guess what happened?
I fell off into the water. A LOT. I fell off the most out of my two friends.
- Was I embarrassed? No. Did I have fun? Heck yeah. Was I proud of myself for simply "trying" something new? Fo' shizzle!
- Where in your life do you find yourself avoiding something for fear of failure? Fear of looking silly? Fear of not being perfect at something right away?
- WHAT IF you just tried...
- When you TRY you end up DOING no matter what the DOING looks like or how it ends up.
- That day on the lake I TRIED stand-up paddle board yoga. What I DID was "fall into the water a lot" in-between yoga poses.
Every time I see this photo, I am reminded of what I did that day: I tried, had fun, gained a new experience; and for that I am proud of myself.
- "We are the only ones standing in our own way from trying new things. Get out of your own way and just try.
You will be amazed at what is inside of you already, waiting to show you what YOU can do."
#bowpose #SUPyoga #whatif #justtry #whatsthebestthatcanhappen #goforit
Karen Tran is a Seattle girl. Born and raised in the state where Starbucks began. She is a Certified Life Coach who loves to cook, drink black coffee, enjoy wine with friends, and eat great food. When she is not coaching you can find her spending time with her family-friends and walking her dog Penny. Karen has always felt a pull to help others live their happiest life. She sees in others what they may have trouble seeing in themselves.